Friday, June 8, 2007

So What's Required?


I had a message from a member of the class asking me to clarify what's required to do this class... where the papers go, how many, etc....

I used to require a paper for each visit, spread out over the course of the Mod... Last mod, I decided to cut it back to 4 papers and 2 photo essays with captions of 2 of the visits... All work should be posted to your own blog. I noticed a big improvement in the work when you put your writing on your own blog instead of emailing me your work. Take a look at Beth's blog from last mod to see an example of my expectations:

http://bethsmuseumexperience.blogspot.com/

Take a look at how she responded personally to her visits. She set the stage with observations about the architecture and history of the building with some overall shots. Next as she responded to the artist she chose, she did include some biographical information on the artist and placed the artist's work in the context of a movement that came from someplace and may have influenced another movement. This information is easy to look up on the internet... be sure to cite your sources and when cutting and pasting another's writing, put it in italics and cite it. Mostly though, I am interested in you becoming passionate about the piece you chose and your communicating that through your images and writing.


I shot this image of the ceiling of the Great Hall at the Metropolitan Museum of Art... I am interested in your incorporating pictures of the spaces too!

No comments: